Occupational Health Psychology Services
Why Us ?
Erko Psychology specialises in Occupational Health Psychology Services for organisations. We work primarily with employees in executive and director positions in your company.
Mainly we work with people who are underperforming and/or off work due to stress related issues. By the time we get to see staff, they are often very depressed and see themselves as failures. Our job is to pick them up, bring up their mood, reduce their anxiety and stress levels and support their return to work.
Then we go one step further. We coach them so that they don’t go through the experience again. We help them consider the workplace situations that led to their stress and help them make significant changes to their working style. This benefits them and their employers. The company has a strong leader back at the helm. The leader now has a sustainable way of working. That means they are highly unlikely to experience the same levels of stress at work again.
Our Proof ?
Being psychologists, we evidence-base our work. The following figures refer to the Occupational Health Psychology Services we provide to one of our clients:
- 88% staff off sick with stress or similar issues at point of referral successfully returned to work and are doing well in their role.
- Outcome studies show that over 96% of staff referred showed an improvement in their mental health at the end of therapy/coaching. The levels of stress, anxiety and mood of 85% of staff was within the “normal” range.
What We Do
Psychological Assessments and Reports
Our psychologists can help inform your decisions about how best to support a member of staff. You provide us with a questions you would like us to answer with regards to your employee. For example, you may want to know if the employee has a mental health diagnosis and how this can best be managed. Additionally, you might want to know when they are likely to return to work and what support they might need.
We will generally meet the employee for a discussion and ask them to complete some questionnaires. On the basis of this discussion, we will provide a comprehensive report that details our findings including history, diagnosis, conclusions and recommendations.
We provide psychological therapy to target the specific issues the employee is having difficulties with. If the employee is off work, we address the reasons for their absence and set realistic goals for their return.
If an employee is currently working, we help to keep them at work through helping them better manage their current difficulties. This may include liaising with Occupational Health to allow for reasonable adjustments while the employee is in therapy.
Return To Work
We work alongside Occupational Health, Human Resources and management to help employees make a safe return to work after time off with a psychological issue. Our psychologists advise on best practice with regards to easing an employee back into the workplace including reasonable adjustments. We also continue to provide therapy and/or coaching to employees after their return to work in order to reduce the risk of relapse.
What types of referrals do we take?
The majority of staff we see are in senior positions in your organisation. The types of problems we help staff manage are:
- Workload issues. Where a member of staff has become overloaded, taking work home with them, never switching off, becoming increasingly stressed. Ultimately displaying a dramatic fall in their performance. Consequences are potential burn-out with severe impact on the ability of the directorate to deliver services where affected staff are in senior or other key positions.
- A combination of work pressures and home circumstances leading to a drop in mood and significant stress.
- Management of mental health issues such as anxiety disorder or obsessional compulsive disorder that regularly impact on staff’s ability to work effectively in their role.
- Staff going through or who have gone through a disciplinary process. Particularly where the disciplinary has led to a demotion or redeployment. Also, other staff involved in the disciplinary, e.g. those who have been asked to make statements.
- Employees going through a grievance process, particularly those who are continuing to work with colleagues involved in the grievance.
- Personnel affected by the suicide of a colleague.
- Staff at risk of suicide or self harm or who have tried to kill or otherwise harm themselves.
- Conflict management and performance management.
Who we do not see
- We are not a 6 session intervention counselling service such as might be provided by your EAP service. For example, our psychologists would not generally see people who need someone to talk to about a relatively non-complex situation.
- We would generally not offer support for staff affected by multiple traumas. We would, however, support staff affected by single trauma situations such as an unexpected death in the workplace.
- Staff with drug or alcohol issues where this is the primary issue of concern.
- Staff who require mediation services.
We would still, however, be happy to talk through with you any staff issues, and help you signpost your staff to the best resources.
What else can we help with ?
Any other requirements, simply ask us and we will see what we can do.